• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, the reels are ready and can be ordered from our webshop:

https://shop.van-eck.net/film-supplies/8mm-reels/p-1a/

Van Eck - reel super8 - 700m - 12300ft - 38 cm diameter

- diameter reel: 38 cm
    - for 700 meters / 2300 ft of film

The stated number of meters of film that fits on this reels assumes super 8 film without sound.

For super 8 film with soundtrack about 20% less film fits on the reel.
    For single 8 film about 30% more film will fit on the reel.

- Suitable for all types of 8mm film (super8 / regular8 / single8)

* The reel can be used without adapter for Super 8 film and Single 8 film.
    If you want to use the reel for regular8 film (also called Regular 8, Normal 8 or Standard 8), use the separately available
    5 pieces reel adapter super8 - normal8 (S8 / N8) (SF-0276) or the set Film clip, Film stopper and reel adapter (SF-0277) to decrease the hole.

Dimensions: 380mm x 12mm
    Weight: 450 gram
    Material: nylon core, Aluminum plates

Click image for larger version

Name:	SF-0414-reel-700m-2300ft-super8-A[1].jpg
Views:	82
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	37623
    ====

The reels are rounded a bit (no sharp edges).
    Currently they are not anodized the keep the costs under control. For the very low quantities I produce now this will we relatively expensive. Maybe if the volumes go up, this is an option to do.

If you want to made it a special color or anodize the reel, you can also to this yourself. Just unscrew the core, treat the reels and screw back the core.

I can make any size of reels with any core required. Please send me a message if you have such a requirement. For example I have made a 9,5mm reel with a core which fits on 16mm projectors/scanners: https://shop.van-eck.net/film-suppli...a/SF-0405.html This to scan 9,5mm films on a film scanner from Lasergraphics.

In most cases, all special requests are made available as well to the community via our webshop.

De juiste voorbereiding / benodigdheden om uw video en film materiaal om te laten zetten en zelf te bewerken

Comment

I see the price is €57.00

Comment

Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your answer.

May I can suggest the following :

Why not to produce reels with 1 over of 2 plein flanges. I assume a reel with a plein plate will work too , simplified design, lowering price too ?

Comment

Hi Phil, I am not sure what you mean? do you mean 2 flanges without holes in it? Or?
          I hope to bring the price down, but these are the cost I make for small series with a small margin. VAT only is 21%! So € 47 without VAT.

Comment

Almost Edwin, 1 flange without cuttings , the other with cuttings, on a same reel.

Comment

The cuttings are relatively inexpensive with the modern laser cutting techniques. Also if you perform a cutting on only one flange it is not so easy to use the reel the other way around when putting a film on it.

Comment

Thanks for the info Edwin.

Comment

Working...
                X