WTB mains power lead for Bolex SM8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB mains power lead for Bolex SM8

Hello all, does any one have a mains power lead for a Bolex SM8 projector, or could they advise what the fitting is called so a mains plug in might be found and a lead made. Many thanks all.
    Attached Files

If you can wait for a few weeks, I am in the proces together with Van Eck Video Services to make a replica of this plug

Comment

Hi Erik, I can most certainly wait, please advise when it might be ready. Cheers

Comment

If this is the same as fits the Bolex 8.5 range you can get them from https://www.leadsdirect.co.uk It is actually a Japanese mains connector, If you buy the one it is expensive, ( I have just brought one) but I am looking at stocking them which means a large discount for bulk.

Japanese Plug – IEC C9 – Type A - 2m

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip_6.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	37029 ​​​​​​​

Comment

Nick
          Is this the line socket (not strictly a plug) to which you refer?

IEC C9 mains lead UK plug uniquely REWIREABLE OPEN-ABLE screw fixing REVOX AKAI | eBay

Comment

Maurice, this discussion has been on this site many times, the plug is the bit that goes into the wall or the "male" (it has bits that stick out) the other end is the socket or "the female" (it has holes for the sicky out bits to go in) However a detachable appliance power cable is referred to as the mains plug due mainly to the difficulty of referring it as the bit of wire with plug on one end and a socket on the other tends to confuse the graduates on the counter at Maplins etc....

And yes the ebay listing is the one. I searched for ages to try and Identify the socket and only found it at leads direct, having brought one there I now have the specs from them. It fits Bolex and some Zeiss to name a few.

(But for class 1 appliances only - no earth)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip_3.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	37045

Nick

Comment

I'd have refereed to it as a mains lead myself. And I noticed the absence of the side earth contact. With a sound projector I would think this would reduce the chance of hums from an earth loop when used with a separate amplified and it should be earthed by the connecting lead to that.

Comment

The power plug adapter for the Bolex SM8 (old model) is ready and can be ordered via our webshop:

https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...%20old%20model

Comment

Working...
                X