Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super 8mm COLOUR from Europe the UK and Greece...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 8mm COLOUR from Europe the UK and Greece...

Since acquiring my Elmo Sound projector a few months back I have been building my library of sound Super 8mm films. I have purchased exclusively from eBay at this point.

What I have noticed is there is a munch bigger selection for Super 8mm Sound COLOR movies for sale across the pond and even into the Mediterranean Sea than there are in the United States. At least it seems this way to me.

Some of these COLOUR prints look better than what you see here but I can't always tell if that is because they were produced over there or what. Some look pinkish but don't seem to have the RED color fade present in most stateside offerings.

I almost purchased - but didn't act quick enough- a copy of TRUE GRIT that had really nice looking colors. It was snatched up while I was working out the pricing with the seller via email !

But back to the original question - why so many more Super 8mm SOUND COLOUR films being offered from other locations with unfortunately high shipping than the U.S. ?

Colour Italian prints, sadly, are reputated for having faded for 99% of the films.

Comment

True but prices for features are typically very low making the 600ft reels oft worth the asking price alone if buying a few.

Comment

Working...
      X