Mary Kay super 8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Kay super 8?

Yup! I saw an auction on eBay for, of all things, Mary Kay Cosmetics on super 8! I was the only bidder and hey, it was just 20 dollars for 9 400ft reels, fully intending to simply use the reels, as I am short. Well, 5 out of 9 reels are LPP, and one is a "PM Magazine" (hosted by Lisa Gibbons, who would later go onto "Entertainment Tonight") and another from a 60 minutes TV broadcast. The neatest thing, however, is the brilliance of the later LPP reels! Because they have two magnetic stripes, they used 1 for English, and 2 for Spanish! For the early 80's, that's fairly smart marketing.

Osi , How cool was that ??
    I bet there's even a super 8mm sound / color film of " How to have a Tupperware Party " out there too !!

Comment

Tupperware, it's possible. Interesting to me is that, while it is possible that Mary Kay and other companies made instructional films throughout the 70's, the LPP films from 1983 were probably amongst the last super 8 instructional films, Mary Kay included, as I am sure that once all of these companies realized that they could distribute they're instructional films on VHS, (saving lots of money), the age of super 8 instructional films ended.

Comment

Osi I believe you sold me 3x400ft reels of this exact thing. Two reels (tupperware) are better color. The 60 minutes reel is complete but faded.

Funny thing is, my twisted mind told me to put all of these pretty women pushing heavy duty make up WITH my 3 reeler of CLASH OF THE TITANS.

lol I think the hard core make up effects were much better on Titans

👹

Comment

Chip, you did buy one 400ft Mary Kay reel that I ran across, but no Tupperware. Being such a obnoxious, immature kind of person that I am, I probably would have kept Tupperware super 8 films, as I would always look forward to making fun of the Tupperware "burping" (remember that, folks?)

Comment

Maybe it's all about Mary Kay cosmetics parties or something to that effect so tell me about Tupperware Burping. I'm definitely interested in that one because Yep I have Tupperware at my house

Comment

You know when Tupperware is sealed because of the "burp" as it seals. I remember that as a kid, as my mom hosted Tupperware parties and, of course, bodily functions were always a great source of amusement for a ten year old, (and apparently, still is), but I hung out more for all the best yummy goodies that mom would serve at the parties! Back to film. I wouldn't be surprised if they just used the filmed master material for the VHS tapes. Why spend upwards of 20 or more dollars for a 400ft reel of super 8, when it would cost a mere dollar or two on VHS? However, it wouldn't be as permanent or longlasting, as these reels show.

Comment

Your conversation is pure GOLD!
                You are absolutely great!!! And I hate/love this „burping“, too! 😃

Comment

I understand exactly!

When I was a little kid, my parents rented a vacation cabin by a lake.
                  The bathroom sink made this wonderful digestive sound whenever I pulled the stopper!

-Best Vacation...EVER!

Comment

Working...
                  X