Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Short Film - in 16mm!

Hello friends,

I recently completed a short film that has held my attention for many months. It was written, directed, and scored by yours truly. It was shot over three consecutive 17 hour days. The process was as much of a fever dream as the result. The best part about it? Shot on our beloved celluloid format. Almost exclusively on Kodak 7219 (500T). There is a small section of Kodak 7203 (50D).

This hobby and community have been a large part of my development in the interest in filmmaking. This is one of the reasons I want to share (privately) a link to my latest short film. I look forward to hearing your feedback and critiques. This film is not available to the public at the moment (while it makes the festival circuit), so you will need a password to access the film on Vimeo. I ask that you don’t post the name of the film in this thread so we can keep it difficult to find publicly. The password is SRF2020. Now a warning.

Warning
    The following film contains violence, graphic language and content, and mature situations/themes where viewer discretion is advised.

Plot
    An addict blinded by love has one night to obtain the object of their affection.

This film is NSFW. If you think the content might be even slightly offending or disturbing to you, it might better to skip it. It’s film that takes place on a darker side of the world.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CF713A92-2AA3-4083-9A7E-485A80F7A40D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	3688

https://vimeo.com/388861417
    Read the Post for the Password

Thank You for Watching!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Evan Samaras; February 09, 2020, 08:46 AM.

Hi Evan, I just watched your film. Sadly this scenario is also playing out in every small town around here in Northeast Pa. It's a well made effort on your part that may serve as a public service statement. For me the only thing it lacks is repeatability. I don't mean that as a negative criticism, it's just something so realistic I would not want to watch it more than once...

Comment

Just wanted to add...CONGRATULATIONS to you, your actors, and crew on making an actual FILM shot on FILM!

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to watch and give feedback Joe!

I hope to shoot exclusively on film for as long as they keep making it. The crew was wonderful; it would have been impossible without them. I can understand your comment regarding repeatability due to its glum/dark story. It may not be for everyone. It certainly isn’t uplifting =D

Comment

it is pretty grim and sad. The film looks really good. I liked the way the cityscapes are done at the begining to draw you into the story...the scenes with mom are very good too. I felt like I wanted to help the guy. I liked this one better than your last film. I can't remember the title but it was the card game. That's not to say I didn't like your last film because I did...I thought it was great too. I am a big fan of Brian DePalma and some of his films have tragic endings and those are the one that stick with you. Well done.

Comment

Evan, submit this to Sundance - You may get a nod for next year's awards - Shorty

Comment

Bill,
              Thank you for watching the film and leaving feedback. It means a lot to me.
              DePalma was certainly on my television a lot growing up and I suppose that shined through without me noticing!

Shorty,
              I wasn’t anticipating this being something to submit to Sundance. Are you saying I should? Could you elaborate for me? Thank you!
              Last edited by Evan Samaras; February 13, 2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X