Elmo GS1200 Back cover speaker connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo GS1200 Back cover speaker connect

I received my Elmo GS1200 back from (not) serviced, but my back cover is not connected to the projector.
    There was no sound, only by headphone, so I took off the back and the wire is just hanging to nothing.

I searched the web, but all photo's have the back disconnected already?
    I never took it off myself and never paid attention to where it is attached.

Where does this connection belong?
    Can someone place a photo?

Thank you so much.

Matthieu
    You can click below for the Service Manual which towards the end shows the wiring to the two external speaker terminals, and thence to the two speakers.

GS1200SERVICE.pdf (film-tech.com)

Comment

Its probably the only thing that annoys me on the GS!

Inside the back you will see just behind the 2 Din speaker connectors 3 pins standing vertical. You need to hold the weighty back cover in one hand and push the brown connector down on the pins. Take your time its really fiddly and the connector will only fit one way.

Comment

The speaker wire clip attaches to the tan colored pieceClick image for larger version  Name:	GS1200 speaker attachment.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.7 KB ID:	37515

Comment

Found it and done it.
          i used both pointing fingers for holding and pressing the connector.
          after doing it ones, you'll get better the next time.

Thanks for the photo and reply's

Comment

Yes I do believe this cable could have been designed to be much easier.........

Comment

I never use the internal speakers, have them unplugged on both my GS1200's. This eliminates all the snap. crackle, and pop when switching these machines on and off. I have also given thought to removing both speakers, which would lighten up the machine significantly.

Comment

I am the same Paul, I leave it off, as I use the phono out sockets on the projector to a graphic equalizer, switch box, then a external amp. Projector speakers are fine to use as say a monitor, but not to listen to a film. External amp and speakers are a must. I have never done it any other way even back in the ST1200 days of putting on away film show without a external amp I always used a pair of 8 ohm speakers positioned either side of the screen.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8B0578A5-A75C-47BC-8704-268FA79F49CE.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	37843

Comment

Working...
                  X