No announcement yet.

HEURTIER projectors any good ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Paul, yes the sound separation was correct for St 8, they also made a dual gauge which unfortunately had the Super 8 head in the same configuration and therefore rendered the projection of Super 8 printed films out of sync and only worked for films recorded by the user. The amplifier also boasted bass and treble controls which was a bonus. If I recall when new they were as expensive as a budget family saloon car. They do turn up occasionally on eBay and well worth a punt!
    John

Comment

With the dual gauge version, it's possible to project standard/regular 8 films with the super 8 frame. So you get a bigger picture (you have to mask a part of the right side, which is easy by moving the picture out of the screen). Although those projectors have a 100 w lamp and a "normal" lens, they are bright). I have never noticed that Heurtier projectors scratches the films. I should test my two machines to see if I should no longer use them.

Comment

I have a Heurtier 42 Stereo dating back to 1967 I think so knocking on a bit now. Interesting working on it years ago how the case splits but reasonably easy to get around inside. Didn't scratch film when I used it running test loops after fixing it way back and now a nostalgia display item. Don't remember anyone in our southern counties movie making clubs owning one as the price was pretty high against other machines which were perhaps more sleek.

Off topic. Also had a Seimens 3008 and my first introduction to BIG REELS!
        It developed endless switch problems in the early 80's and so like Elvis it left the building. Kept the reels for nostalgia and never seen another of these in the UK since, guessing this may have been the first S8 machine to offer large film reels. Bit of a Bauer ins disguise.

The 1.2 lens was excellent along with the 150W lamp. My young Son back then used to use it to watch cartoons on also immortalized on Super 8 film, turn the clock back someone!

For the late 60's this was a classy machine made in limited numbers for just over 1 year with a price tag then of nearly 1600 DM. Mine belonged to a elderly gent who purchased it in Germany and spotting my enthusiasm for film making gave it to me when he retired which I have never forgotten.

Click image for larger version  Name:	siemen3008.gif Views:	0 Size:	312.5 KB ID:	37799

Comment

Working...
        X