The greatest "missed opportunities" digests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The greatest "missed opportunities" digests

OK, staying in the same line of thinking, mostly, what are you're picks for the biggest "missed opportunities" when it came to digests? Actually, my pick would include many digests, but my missed opportunities would be the lack of scope on Columbia's "Close Encounters" and Disney Films " The Black Hole". Scope digests were already out there but except for animex
    ​​​​​​and a few others, scope was almost more of an after thought.

Apart from the very few full length features of Close Encounters on super 8 that crept out, I am certain there are a few scope versions of the 400' digest floating around somewhere. I seem to remember at a Derann open day auction Derek selling one and mentioning how rare it is . Can anyone shed any light on this ?

I CAN confirm that there is a 100' (or so) Close Encounters promo reel that exists in scope as I have a copy, courtesy of a forum member via Ebay. Luckily, it does include the iconic shot of the shadow of the mother vessel slowly creeping over the people standing still in amazement. As you can imagine, it looks superb in its scope glory !

Comment

Working...
    X