Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning not to run 8mm film through projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
    $12 ! That's cheap comparing with European prices...
    Yeah Dwayne's has the best price in 2021! It's actually $17 when you add the shipping cost but still LOL.

Comment

I've been reading that there are folks out there who use Vitafilm and/or camphor to reverse film which has shrunk and brittle so that it can be projectable again without causing damage. Vitafilm has camphor in it I'm considering freezing my film for long term storage.

Is camphor or Vitafilm something I should treat my film with before they go into long term storage, or something I would use right before projecting? I'm not sure how effective camphor tabs would be if I leave them in the cases frozen. I feel that is something you would use right before you want to project them.
      Last edited by Ben Klesc; July 12, 2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Thats a load of bullcrap. It can happen that you get a film that is in such a bad state that it cannot run trough the projector but otherwise you'll be fine. the projectors have a certain tolerance because filmstock can vary in size slightly, even new. i have had a badly slit piece of film that was 8,25mm wide, that did not fit inside the gate. that is a production error but not very common

Comment

Working...
        X