White cardboard boxes for 1200' Super 8 reels/spools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White cardboard boxes for 1200' Super 8 reels/spools

For those of you that have bought 200/400/800' white cardboard 2 pc boxes from Steve O at the REEL IMAGE he has asked me to post about how much interest is there for 1200' boxes made the same. He would be dealing with rather large quantities so also asking what collectors would be willing to pay for them so he can work out a possible deal for having them made. Although Steve is not a member of the forum he does look in and would appreciate any feedback from collectors. I told him I would definitely be interested in buying them.

Bill,
    I would be interested in buying 1200 ft. boxes--but also 600 ft. size too as it seems some of the Derann features come on 600 ft. reels.

Comment

Same here, I need 600'

Comment

I thought there would be more interest in 1200' boxes...I asked Steve about the 600' boxes and he said he is seeing what the interest level is for the 1200' boxes first.

Comment

I definitely could use a number of boxes for 1200' reels.

Doug

Comment

1200 foot for me depends on price
            I'd buy quite a few.....

Comment

For the past 2 years I have been ordering 1200' White Boxes from a UK eBay seller. Great Quality, but with shipping they are pricey ( about $7.50 per 1200' box ). I would definitely switch to Steve and will order a dozen as soon as they are available! Here are boxes from the UK seller and what I have done with them...
              ...I agree with Greg and Joe though, 600' would be a big seller along with the 1200'. I order 600's from the same UK dealer
              because I don't like the CHC printed covers.
              Last edited by Burton Sundquist; February 22, 2020, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I can use some 1200' reels as well - Shorty

Comment

I had a feature Acetate years ago that was going pongy so left the reel to breath for a month. The smell dramatically reduced and it now lives in a card box in which it has been quite stable. Since then all my 1200ft reels are in white card boxes so I would recommend using those 1200ft boxes if they became available, especially bearing in mind the value of some features now.

Steve has done wonders for Super 8 and if he is involved the quality will be good for sure.

Comment

Thanks Lee for the recommendation! I am a relatively new collector and certainly following advice from the more experienced film collector is appreciated! I have been proactive and ordered several white boxes for all prints in my collection if possible.So far I have managed but it would be great if there were 1200' and 600' white boxes ready to order!

Comment

I too could use some 1200' boxes and of course 600ft ones too

Comment

Boxes for 1200' reels are now available from The Reel Image. Details can be found here.

Doug

Comment

...Just received my order of 1200' Super 8 Film Reel Boxes from Steve @ THE REEL IMAGE and thought I would review them here. The first difference I noticed when comparing them to others I have ordered from the UK is the difference in design. The UK boxes are one piece and arrive flat. They require folding both sides and the top and bottom flaps to turn them into a box. Steve's come 2 piece ready assembled.
                          The cardboard is a thicker gauge and will be more durable, and offer the reel better protection. The top is separate from the bottom, so there is no hinge to wear out. The finish on the UK boxes is flat whereas Steve's are Glossy and more stylish. These boxes can be stacked vertically, though not more than 8-10 high but I prefer stacking horizontal, keeping the stack uniform using metal book ends. Print Titles can be added with a Brother p-touch label printer using 1/2" white label cartridges. Box art can be affixed to the top or front of the box to achieve an OB look. in summation, These new boxes are exceptional quality and I for one recommend them to any collector looking to replace tattered worn out boxes, or heavy film cans.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1200' Film Box Order.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	6101Click image for larger version  Name:	1200' Film Box.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.9 KB ID:	6102

Comment

Thanks for giving us a review. I am glad to Steve more forward with this project and provide us with more quality 8mm products.

Comment

...One other thing I neglected to mention. Those 1200' OB' were of the thinner cardboard. Telltale dimples of the Elmo 1200' reels are often evident on the boxes themselves. Not with this new design...

Comment

Working...
                              X