Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot & humid vs. cold & humid the impact to films

Hi there,

I knew hot and humid will not be so kind to films especially those printed on acetate film base. But what about a place with cold and humid?

What will be the result?

I thought About that too, Winbert. I would assume that the aging or deteriation
    of
    films would be minimal as long as no direct moisture got onto the film itself. I remember well, going to camera shops when I was a kid and being curious as to why these shops had freezer units for they're raw stock super or standard 8mm films. I guess we know now, they were smart before they're time.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
      I ....these shops had freezer units for they're raw stock super or standard 8mm films. I guess we know now, they were smart before they're time.
      Osi, AFAIK freezer is cold and dry ... I knew this is the best method to preserve film. But what I am asking is cold and humid, what will be the impact?

Comment

Winbert

Whilst I cannot answer your question directly, you and other members may be interested to read the following article about film storage and preservation which also mentions climate and humidity.

Mellon Guide.qxd (filmpreservation.org)

Comment

Working...
        X