Eumig S940 take up arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig S940 take up arm

Hi all I'm after some advice on replacing the black plastic spindle that holds the take up spool on my 940 unfortunately it has broken and needs replacing I have several spare 800 eumigs and was hoping to use one off them but I'm not sure how they come off has anyone replaced one before thanks for any advice and sorry if its not called a take up spindle its the black peg that goes through the hole in the center of the take up reel.

Hi Russ, I had a similar break on front (take off) spindle of my Eumig 810 HQS, I carefully made sure both parts of break were clean and dry then applied small dab of superglue making sure I applied plenty of pressure for a couple of minutes, job done ,never had a problem after that. Hope this helps , it’s worth a go.
    John

Comment

Hi thanks John im glad it worked,id be more than happy to glue it back on but i cant find the piece that that has broken off.

Comment

As far as I remember it is not a simple task to change out one of those arms. Everything must be removed from the arm on the inside of the machine. You will want to probably video the disassembly as there are lots of parts that must go back in the same place. You would start by unscrewing the nut that adjusts the take-up tension and keep going with all the washers and other bits until you finally reach a very large nut at the end of the arm that takes lots of unscrewing before you can remove the arm. It can be done but takes time. Once the arm is removed you can remove the screws to open up the arm and replace the broken take-up spindle. And hopefully it will be the same as used on your 800 series machine, which I am not sure about. But nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

Comment

Working...
        X