What film stock is this (EKC 32)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What film stock is this (EKC 32)?

Most of the big companies will use Kodak SP, Eastman, Fuji, AGFA and sometime 3M for their color prints in 1970s but I found two Universal 8 releases (Blues Brothers and Little Miss Marker) has a different code which I am not sure what type of stock is this. This is very new for me. See photos below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210726-WA0000.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	39007

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210726-WA0001.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	39008 It seems to me it is read as EKC 32 ... my best guess it stands for Ektachrome... but I never knew this type of stock for packed films. Normally this is for shooting film stock.

Can somebody enlighten me?

Thanks

I have this code on a Canterbury Films release of a Superman cartoon with Cine Magnetics Labs on the leader. It also has Eastman Safety Film on it and looks more faded than I have ever seen Ektachrome.

Eastman Kodak Color 32 is all I can come up with as a guess.

Comment

I'm fairly sure that it is a "3M" film stock. They were not too "stable".

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
        I'm fairly sure that it is a "3M" film stock. They were not too "stable".
        I think Kodak would have sued 3M then, as my example has Eastman printed on it as well as the EKC32.

Comment

Winbert. Shaking up my post Covid brain cells, I think you will find that is late 70's SP with the extra code before Kodak changed it.

Comment

This reference appeared also in this thread but without a real definitive answer regarding its origin : 8mm Forum: JAWS 2X400ft WOW! (film-tech.com)

Comment

I stand corrected ... BY MYSELF! However, that JAWS. Print still has mint color.

Comment

It would seem that EKC35 (used for you Jaws print) was in great improvement on the EKC 32 that we have.

Comment

I was sad to see such a bad fade on that print of, "Blues Brothers", as it is a hard one to find with good color.

Comment

Working...
                  X