Quick Film Guard question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Film Guard question

As we all know, a little bit of FilmGuard goes a long way. My question though: how much per how long of way? I just cleaned a film by doing about 1 spray on a pecpad every 100ft of 8mm film. Sound about right to you guys?

Nate,

For me the answer depends on the condition of the film. I look at the cloth after approximately 20 feet to see how much dirt has come off and replace it with a new one if necessary. Otherwise I woud guess that I do a spray about every 75 ft.

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
      Nate,

For me the answer depends on the condition of the film. I look at the cloth after approximately 20 feet to see how much dirt has come off and replace it with a new one if necessary. Otherwise I woud guess that I do a spray about every 75 ft.

Doug
      Sounds like I was on the right path then! Thanks for your response.

Side note, my wife and I both agree that the stuff smells like oil mixed with those conversation hearts you get on Valentine's Day.

Comment

1 ounce is enough to pass a 2 hour 35mm film through (roughly 12,000 feet)...if that gives you an idea.

Just divide by gauge and footage. It's why I tell people unless they have a ton of film to clean and lubricate, don't go buying multiple bottles. One will last a LOT longer than you would think.

Comment

Working...
        X