Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is 8mm film with 4 men + 1 woman shrinking (miniature)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is 8mm film with 4 men + 1 woman shrinking (miniature)?

Somebody in my local area offering me to trade a film. He does not have the box or knows the title. He just told me is about 4 shrinking men and 1 woman. So what do you guys think is the title?

At the beginning I thought it would be "The Incredible Shrinking Woman" (or Man) but would his description fit to the story since I have not seen any of these films.

Thanks
    Last edited by Winbert Hutahaean; August 08, 2021, 11:09 AM.

Fantastic Voyage

Comment

If it’s a 400 digest. It is likely Dr Cyclops. Nice little movie but colour was always awful on 8mm. When I got a Blu ray I was amazed at the difference. Matches his description see trailer.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...xqt10QENAyNoOM

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Newell View Post
        If it’s a 400 digest. It is likely Dr Cyclops. Nice little movie but colour was always awful on 8mm. When I got a Blu ray I was amazed at the difference. Matches his description see trailer.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...xqt10QENAyNoOM
        Yes it is a 400 feet in color. Is Fantastic Voyage available in a 400 feet reel too as Panayotis suggested above?

Comment

Fantastic Voyage was released on Super 8mm as a feature, however I have never heard of a digest version.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
            Fantastic Voyage was released on Super 8mm as a feature, however I have never heard of a digest version.
            Fantastic Voyage was only released as a feature by Derann. Wasn’t it scope as well?

Comment

Yes. Larry Arpin did a review with pictures. It looks like a great print.

Comment

I confirm fantastic voyage full length Cinemascope

Comment

Could be Dr Cyclops Universal 400 Feet Color Sould

Comment

The Color has Faded on this Title

Comment

Sorry Edward, Mike beat you to the punch....see reply#3!

Sadly (as has been said), it was one of those Super 8mm releases that had a sepia look to it even when brand new. I think that was the only Universal 8 color digest that had that issue.

Comment

Witty Pana :-)

Comment

Funny, it was Universal 8 release yet it was an original Paramount film. Made by the team who made King Kong Merian_C._Cooper and Ernest_B._Schoedsack with some great special effects. Ironically, the 1st horror movie made in 3 strip technicolour but as Doug says it was more sepia than colour even from new. When you see it in full colour it is breathtaking.

Comment

Working...
                          X