Elmo hid conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo hid conversation

I have a Elmo GS800 and wondered if it can be converted to hid? And if yes who does them and how much does it cost?

I suggest you PM Alan Gouger on that . Good Luck !

Comment

Thanks David, could you Pm me with Alans email so I can contact him?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Bill Parsons would be able to tell if it can be done Phil, although i believe retired now, he can still be contacted by email and is normally helpful, i have a GS converted by him to the hid lamp......

Comment

Thanks paul

Comment

Bill is a member of this Forum. No doubt he will read this topic.

Comment

No. It does not have a constant fan, but the gs800 is a great machine
                without a constant fan you will blister the reflector

However I am working on a UK conversion with extra cooling for this and other idle fan machines.

No one ever talks about the uses these lamps were intended for aka various theatrical settings. Imove etc. The driver units supply constant cooling for the hid lamp and so you reely need a projector that offers cooling in stand by and more.
                Last edited by Lee Mannering; August 10, 2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know Lee, what projector would you recommend for the conversion?

Comment

Phillip
                    The Elmo GS-1200 might be a likely candidate for an HID 150 conversion. After all, it does have four motors.

Comment

Can all the parts still be found ?, i have a gs done by Bill, but this was when the parts could be got from the internet/ Ebay , the lamp i know can be found as this use for disco lights, very brights one's in this case ..........

Comment

I understand that the original ballast which was used is now no longer available, but, apparently, a new item has replaced it.

Comment

Some machines are more susceptible to interference from ballasts so its really down to to the chosen projector. If you are thinking Elmo Bill is your UK man but I think semi retired, a great guy.

The good thing about HID is its a new thing to S8 so you can experiment and learn but please do have a knowledge of electronics. Most of mine has been gleamed from my amateur radio years,a licenced certificate thru exam and experience.

My own conversions are Eumig and Bolex all being PAT tested for safety before leaving. Manageable machines which illuminate the screen to the same level as a GS1200..measured! Ill be bringing a couple to my film fair in Sept for demo purpose.

Comment

Thanks Lee, I used Bill years ago to repair a couple of projectors and he was very helpful, If I bought a Eumig for conversion which model would be ideal?

Comment

Working...
                            X