Eumig mark 501 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig mark 501 help

Hi I have got a eumig mark 501 running with new bulb etc. But I’m not sure if where you put the reels are missing. Can’t seem to fit my films also do you need an adaptor. I’ve a few photos. Any help would be great. I’m a novice but enjoying the journey.
    Attached Files

The front arm there has (as it is dual gauge) a standard 8 shaft which will take a super 8 reel as it is, if I remember correctly, but really needs a collar to adapt it. The take up spool needs to be a Super 8 one.

Comment

Hi. The rear part had a greater radius. Does it come off.
      I can fit a 8mm super no problem and if I attach a normsl 8mm it can go at the edge but the angle between that and the feed is then about 10 degrees and I would worry about the tape snapping.

Comment

I’ve seen others of this model and they look the same I was hoping someone has one running now who could help as they have had a similar problem.

Comment

The takeup spindle always requires a Super 8 reel. The feed spindle will accept either a standard 8 or a Super 8 reel. I believe the feed spindle can run Super 8 without a slip-on adapter but works better if you have one. All dual guage machines require a Super 8 take up reel as far as I've ever seen.

Comment

The rear spool arm on the 501 only has a super 8 spindle ( Larger hole in middle of reel) The front reel arm has an 8 mm format spindle (Smaller hole in the reel) The projector normally comes with a small plastic push on adaptor to change the front spindle to Super 8. In the picture this is the small grey bit in the middle of the front spool.

With a 8 mm film you would play the film onto the rear super 8 spool and then when finished rewind it back onto the 8 mm.

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eumig 501 931 02.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	40335

Comment

Manual (in case you need it)

Cine Projector Manuals 1 (panchromatic.co.uk)

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip_3.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	40338

Comment

Amazing thanks

Comment

Thanks to all. I didn’t realise the take up reel
                  is a different radius. Now I know that I have found a reel with an adaptor that fits. This was in the box when I bought it at an auction Click image for larger version

Name:	D8E805F3-37D1-4F24-9A5E-94634424BF06.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	40346

Comment

Michael
                    1) Take up requires a Super 8 spool only.
                    2) Feed spindle only takes a standard 8 spool, however, for Super 8 add the little plastic adapter.

1 PACK of 3 x SUPER 8mm Adapters Turns Super 8 Reels in to Standard 8mm Reels | eBay

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

On a slightly different note I bought what a 8 mm rugby final 400ft rape. When I played it it was part 1 of stage coach the film 400ft.
                        when I looked at the tape it looked to have a magnetic strip on it. I don’t have a 8mm sound projector only a super 8 sound projector. Can anyone tell from the photo please
                        Attached Files

Comment

I’ve had a look online and it seems to suggest the magnetic strip is sound.

Comment

Yes. It's standard 8 with a magnetic sound track.

Comment

if you put a super 8 reel on the front axle without the sleeve adapter there is a huge chance the reel falls off when playing a film. you really need the adapter sleeve

Comment

Working...
                              X