Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EUMIG 614D - Fast Rewind problem

Hi folks

I had a Eumig 614D which has served me well, but progressively the fast rewind of a film running through the sprockets became slow, then sticky, then stopped altogether. The slow rewind also stopped working with a film loaded. Rewind still worked fine for a film going back from reel to reel outside the projector feed though.

I have got another Eumig 614D now and it has a similar problem, though the slow rewind with a film loaded does work, just no fast rewind except reel to reel (ie not with a film loaded).

So my question is - is this a known problem of the Eumig 614D and is there a fix

Thanks

john

Well, first thing is first...there are no sprockets on the 600 series machines since these machines are sprocketless. The only thing that moves the film through the gate is the pulldown claw.

If you are speaking of rewinding the film through the film channel after projection, I would not recommend using that feature. Although it was listed as a feature, it is destructive to the film and will scratch them to pieces if one bit of debris is left behind in the film path and the end result will be either white or black lines on your films in short order.

It is infinately better to rewind them from reel to reel without dragging them backwards through the entire film path.

Last edited by Joseph Banfield; August 14, 2021, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Indeed no sprockets in these and indeed use the fast rewind with fim on the gate as little as you can.

Your problem is in the rear slipper clutch, that needs to be adjusted. there is a set screw on the end of the axle, fixed in place with some grey glue.
      you can just give it a little turn clockwise and then test if it gets better.

if the image starts to jump when in normal projection mode you have adjusted it too far and need to turn the screw counter clockwise. this is because of the procketless system the take up tension is super important to be just right or else it will pull the film forward. only the claw is alowed to do that and the take up axle is only alowed to take up the slack of the film.

Comment

Working...
      X