Sankyo 600 Projector - not working after storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sankyo 600 Projector - not working after storage

I got my Sankyo 600 projector out to use after about 20 years of being stored in a cupboard. I was all set up to go, but it didn't work (I'm sure it worked 20 years ago? LOL!). I heard the motor running but the reels wouldn't turn, nor would the projector's light work.

I took off the cover, and found that the belt had just rotted away - that tells me why the reels weren't turning, and I will have to get a replacement. I haven't checked the globe as yet, but wondering whether the bulb has blown, or the bulb won't work unless the belt is working correctly?

So, as well as a new belt, will I need a new bulb too, or with the new belt working, will the just bulb come on (hopefully)?

Regards

Les

If the belt has rotted away I would suspect over this length of time the actual lamp holder and the bottom of the actual lamp would have aquired a coating of some sort that is not allowing a good contact. A good clean would probibly sort this problem if the lamp is good. The lamp should light without the belt. If it is the 12v 100 lamp you could probably see if the filiment is whole visually. You may have to change the lampholder. But this is a simple job.

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip_1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	40561

Comment

Thanks Nick - most helpful!

Les

Comment

Working...
      X