Elmo help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo help please.

Hi I have an Elmo ST180 that the motor will not go.

Its sort of moves very slightly just a say. but no more.

Any help or advice etc would be much appreciated.

Best wishes and thank you in advance ( or hope ) Mark.

Hi Mark, I am not an expert but you could take a look at the brushes on the motor. The motor on my GS 1200 doesn't work at all, the last time I used it it was fine, then nothing. I looked at the brushes and one of them was broken. I have ordered some new brushes and with a bit of luck this will solve the problem, if not I'm lost.
    I hope this helps and good luck.

Clive

Comment

Thanks Clive I`ll give it a go.

Better get my glasses on and hope my fingers hold out.

I have this nasty habbit of them flicking when I grip things and bits flying away to unknown places.

Its a nice machine bessides not running.

Best Mark.

Comment

Had this similar symptom to my Fujicascope projector. The motor sorted of work, or very sluggish, or does not move at all some times. This happened in a totally random manner. I literally teared it apart and checked everything, power socket, rotary switch, transformer, power supply board, etc, but nothing suspicious.

Only when I'm about to give up and junked it away that I noticed TONS of gunk around the armature, to the point that it prevented good contact to the brushes. Total motor teardown/cleaning & half an hour later, it's back to full life.

Comment

Further on from Nantawat's comments above, over time black deposits of carbon also build up on the armature. This prevents the current getting through. Motor will not run.

Answer, Clean off all the deposit.

Comment

Hi Thank you people.

Looking at how I can get the motor out and back in again OK as only semi handy.

I might bottle out, and send it to a fixer freind but I know of so many projectors being dropped this year.

Do really appreciate the thoughts etc.

Best wishes Mark.

PS it does sort of run a bit each way when you turn it on F and R, about a turn.

Comment

Mark I had the same trouble with my GS1200 and all it turned out to be was a oxidized terminal above the motor brushes a 5 minute fix.
              It might also be a faulty micro switch although I am not familiar with your model it really needs hands on.

Comment

Mark
                Oldtimer Cameras do not have a Repair Manual for the ST 180, however, they do have a Repair Manual for the ST 600 which I believe is very much the same model, although there are some differences.

Elmo ST 600 Printed Manual (camera-manual.com)

Comment

Working...
                X