Eumig Mark 610D Vs the Lux version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig Mark 610D Vs the Lux version?

Afternoon, still working on the Mark S 710D but do have a question regarding the differences between the 610D and the Lux version. Is it just the lens?

From the manual:
    The MARK 610D LUX is designed for those who require the
    utmost optical performance and light output in a movie projector.
    The high class exceptionally fast f/1.2 "Supmgon" zoom lens
    with its 12.5- 25 mm focal length range plus the ideal design of the lighting
    system yields about 35% more light flux on a 44% larger screen area than
    models with the standard 15 - 30 mm f/1.3 lens at the same projection
    distance.

Comment

EDIT : I'VE JUST NOTICED THE VIDEO IS PRESENTED IN A DEDICATED THREAD

Forum member Erik Snel made that interesting video about the 610 D : A tribute to the Eumig Mark 610D Dual gauge 8mm projector - YouTube
      Last edited by Dominique De Bast; August 15, 2021, 07:32 AM.

Comment

It's an interesting well made video on the 610.

Comment

Yes, just a faster lens is all there is to a Eumig machine with "lux" in the listing. Any Eumig machine can become a "lux" machine by simply changing out the slower lens for a faster one. There is nothing different or special in the optical path on any of the Eumig machines marked as "lux". The only difference was a faster lens and a higher price tag.

But at the same time, a faster lens is not always the best option, especially today with most film being more than 40+ years old. Any slight warpage of the film will become more and more apparent when the speed of the lens is increased, which means you start to notice severe edge focusing problems, which tend to hide using normal slower lenses. The faster the lens, the more critical focusing becomes. Or at least that has been my experience.
          Last edited by Joseph Banfield; August 15, 2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Good observation there with the focus and other film related issues. My 710D has a 1.3/15-30. I could compare with thr 610 Lux lens, Eumig Suprogon Zoom Multicoated 1.2/12.5-25. This lens is twice the price of the 1.3. There's no aperture contol on these lenses so your, as you say, stuck with the full opening.
            I doubt there'll be much if any difference but we'll see.

Comment

Focusing issues aside,the Suprogon is a much nicer lens than the f1.3, and well worth the extra cost.

Comment

Working...
              X