• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig P8 drive belt degradation

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210815_164525.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	40599 Any ideas behind why the belt on this P8 has degraded so badly. Just a sticky goo. It sticks and get's everywhere. That's a paper towel with a bit of the belt stuck to the corner. Would Polyurethane Round belting (sold in lengths, between 3mm and 4mm diameter) as advertised on various sites be a good replacement?
    Attached Files

I have had a couple of projecctors arrived on my bench in this state, not eumigs funnily enough but differing manufacturers , so I take it as something to do with what the belt was made of. Probably doesnt like oil? Its a pain to clean off I know.

I have brought probably 50 replacement P8 belts from a nice guy called Dave and used all of them over the year on customers machines with no side effects so if you need a replacement try

EUMIG P8 (ALL) 8mm CINE FILM PROJECTOR MOTOR DRIVE BELT- NEW | eBay. It should be fine .

Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip_1.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	40602
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the recommedation. One on order.

Comment

those belts desintegrate because they are made of natural rubber, it rots when it gets older. synthethic rubber belts just fall apart and don't get sticky. the original belts where replaced at some point ion the sixty years the projector has been around and replaced with a cheap belt. thats what you get after years of storage.

Comment

Working...
        X