Anyone own this projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own this projector?

So just bought one of these from an auction site in Japan. The Fujicascope MX70. It's a dual 8 silent projector from the early 70's. Seems to be built to higher-end specs. A 150 watt bulb, Fujinon PJ f: 1.0 \ F: 25 mm prime lens, and many other features as well. It's also a sprocket-less design so easy on film. It shares many similarities to the Fujicascope MG90. Anyways will be waiting for it's arrival. Does anyone own this model or have any insight on it?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	film_61_Fujicascope MX 70_1565877812995.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	40606

Looks like a real beauty Shane! And with an F1.0 prime lens too! If that lens is anything like my Kodak Ektar f1.0 22mm
    lens you will be getting incredibly sharp screenings!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
      Looks like a real beauty Shane! And with an F1.0 prime lens too! If that lens is anything like my Kodak Ektar f1.0 22mm
      lens you will be getting incredibly sharp screenings!
      Paul this lens is a 25mm does that mean I will need to have the projector way back?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post

Paul this lens is a 25mm does that mean I will need to have the projector way back?
        Yes, Shane, if you want a big picture. To give you an idea, here is an Elmo board. "Distances de projection et grandeur de l'image sur l'écran" means "Projection distance and picture size on the screen" and "Largeur de l'image" means "Picture width". So for example, with a 25 mm lens, you need to put your projector at 922.70 ft (6.92m) to get a 4.92 ft (1.5m) picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210816_023845.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	40620

Comment

Thank you Dominique, this is very helpful. I measured my fold-away Da-Lite screen and it's about 3 1/2 FT wide. I am able to project about 12 feet from one end of the room to the other. This should get me close enough to fill most of the screen.

Comment

Following the board, a 10.70 ft distance should give you a picture about 2.30 ft, so something around 70 % of your screen. From what I read, figures may vary from one lens make to another so only a real test will tell you exactly what you will get but that gives you an idea of what more or less expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
              Following the board, a 10.70 ft distance should give you a picture about 2.30 ft, so something around 70 % of your screen. From what I read, figures may vary from one lens make to another so only a real test will tell you exactly what you will get but that gives you an idea of what more or less expecting.
              Your right I'll have to test things out when the projector arrives. I took another look at the room I use for projecting. I can squeeze another foot or so if I project on the diagonal. That should get me even closer to filling the screen. The screens surface is probably more like 40" so less than 3 1/2 feet.

Comment

Working...
              X