The new Bolex HID 855 PRO projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Bolex HID 855 PRO projector

This is something I have been working on for a few weeks now, perfecting every inch of it inside and out and I am REELY pleased with the end result.

Its compact, takes 800ft reels, 20 watt twin track amplifier and among other benefits has a HID lamp fitted with additional cooling of course along with my amplifier modifications.

The end result being a superb machine easily maintained delivering a bright and steady image to the screen making good use of its 2 pin claw design.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LMannering21.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	41020

Did a show with it tonight and was very pleased with the quiet running and steady bright image.
    I've called it the PRO as I feel the level of performance from a small projector is REELY worthy.

Lee,

What an excellent job! I would love to see (and hear) it in action.

Comment

Thanks Doug. I am rather proud of this one have to say and I think I need to make a video of this and the dual Eumig for el Tube. That will be happening in the coming weeks and will post a link here.

Comment

Lee, that is nice what you have done to that Bolex (aka Eumig 800 series clone). I have that same machine, minus the lighting upgrade and always liked it. I was going to do what you have done but the excessive film chatter in the sound when using an external amplifier or loudspeaker from my almost pristine machine in its original box stopped me from performing those and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X