Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Super 8 Releases From The Reel Image - Register now!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Super 8 Releases From The Reel Image - Register now!

It is with great pleasure I announce the next list of new releases from The Reel Image. A great deal of work has gone into all of these so please support them if you are able.

Contact: thereelimage_043@yahoo.com to put your name on the contact list and you will be notified as soon as they are available.

First up and available not order now safe in the knowledge no expense has been spared on these.

Ads and Daniel Craig trailer reel
    This is a great big reel of no less than 13 modern adverts including one for Blackpool fun fair. The trailers are The Trench and Defiance along with Daysets.

Reel Frights for Halloween
    ABC Cinema Days daysets, Scary Movie trl, Stigmata trl and Halloween Resurection.

Christmas Trailer Reel # 2
    ARRI visual projector text card, New Odeon Opener, Dolby Daysets Trailers: Home Alone, Jingle all the way, Christmas Carol animated and New Years Eve.

NEW ADVERT REEL
    Cinema opening 11 recent adverts M&M VW Ghost Busters and MORE!

Remember film friends you must register to receive updates direct and enjoy!

Any prices? Mark

Comment

As above young man :-)

Contact: thereelimage_043@yahoo.com to put your name on the contact list and you will be notified as soon as they are available.

Comment

Sorry Lee, but advertised films are meant to have prices according to forum rules,Mark

Comment

Please read the.post Mark collectors are being asked to register interest which others who took the time to read it have already done.
          I have no idea of pricing but I look forward to supporting the hard work of others who keep our Super 8 hobby going. God bless them.

Comment

Lee, i have taken the time to read it and fully understand what you post says , I'm only quoting forum rules unless I've got it wrong that all films for sale should have prices, your post lists films for sale without the relevant details this forum states is needed or the post will be removed, Mark

Comment

Since these films are not actually available from the lab yet, I'm going to treat this as what it is, a notice for upcoming new releases. Therefore, this topic has been moved to the "8mm Forum" section, where many such notices have appeared in the past.

I would suggest that members who are interested in these titles and would like updates about availability to contact the Reel Image.

And yes, when these are actually released, I expect we'll have the pricing information.

Comment

I thought films for sale meant films for sale, but obviously there are a few exceptions but glad that's cleared up, I have a few titles I'd like to move on that are not available until the end of September, please PM me and I'll send the list over, Mark.
                Last edited by Mark Mander; August 24, 2021, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Mark,

That’s not the case at all. As I said, this is an announcement of a forthcoming new release (actually, releases) as has been done a number of times in the past. The only difference to me is that this topic was posted in the “Films for Sale” section instead of the 8mm Forum section where these things are typically announced.

News of the 600’ Godzilla release was first posted in January 2021. Members were asked to PM their interest and prices were confirmed in March.

The Jurassic Park digest was first announced back in November of 2018. Prices were not available till August 0f 2020. In fact, members were asked to express their interest by email in February of 2020, similar to those being asked to contact The Reel Image for this batch. I do not recall seeing a single complaint about this in any of the threads.

Let’s go back a bit further. The True Lies digest was first mentioned in December of 2014. The price was announced over two years later. Again, no complaints about waiting to find out until the film was available.

The members of this Forum have always treated new releases this way, because they know the amount of time work, and money that goes into them and we are very, very grateful that there are people crazy enough to do this. That means we are willing to wait for prices to be announced since there are many factors involved with a new release that do not come into play at all when selling used films.

Comment

Let's hope that the value of the dollar will go up by the time the prices will come forth. Right now, the prices are fairly high, but this is partially due to the low value of the dollar.

Comment

Or due to the cost involved in making these things. It's not cheap. Let's just say Doug summed it up very well, time to stop flogging a dead horse.

Comment

Sorry Doug you had to be bothered on your special day .
                        THank you for coming to the rescue of so many of us that are a driving force in keeping this hobby moving forward .
                        'NUFF SAID

Comment

Hang on a minute here Doug, I'm not complaining about the hard work and effort that goes into these releases, I think it's amazing, I'm not complaining at anything , you've totally twisted this , as you've pointed out many times any films for sale need prices ,I was as I've said quoting forum rules and didn't want the post removed due to the importance of new releases being promoted , I think what you've put is pretty unfair , quoting forum rules is not complaining, complaining is something I'm doing now due to your twist on this,Mark

Comment

December 03, 2019, 07:36 PM
                            Forum Sales Rules

To The Seller:
                            • Prices must accompany all sales listings.
                            • If a sale item is listed without a price, the entire topic will be deleted.
                            • Sale items must be listed! Please do not post "PM me for a list..." The exception to this is providing a link that leads to a site that displays titles and prices (similar to Independent 8, Paul Foster or Super 8 Warehouse).
                            • "Make me an offer", ".....or best offer" is not allowed. Choose your price.
                            it says nothing about future releases, The Reel Image would not list prices for these new films so that is taken care of, this is not a complaint either, all sales it says, Mark

Comment

David,
                              coming to the rescue of what? Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X