What's your favorite feature in your collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite feature in your collection

Goldfinger Sean Connery 007 Honor Blackman Shirley Eaton I brought it new from Derann and it come with The Most Famous Car in The World Aston Martin db5 Book for free now a
    collector's item and the Book is worth a lot going up all the time.

I have a lot of favorite movies in my collection so it's hard to pick just one. But the very cream of the crop would have to be the full length Derann scope print of Grease. Re-recorded in glorious stereo, this pin sharp print with beautiful color and deep blacks, is an absolute knockout. Hard to believe that Super 8 can look and sound so good.

Comment

I really, really should say Derann Toy Story, because I'd wanted a print for years, and my wife decided to splurge and surprise me with it.

-but...

It has to be the Derann Fantasia 2000 I bought from Doug Meltzer at CineSea. The word "awesome" is so overused these days, but in this case it's true!

(Sometimes my wife says "Can you turn that down?", and I have to tell her "No, I can't!". It would be like telling Beethoven himself to be quiet!)

Comment

I think my favorite Super 8 feature I own has to be my Scope print of Poltergeist! Looks beautiful and still a riot to watch with friends.

Comment

Great pick, Lincoln, I have that one two, and is definitely one that HAS to be seen on the big scope screen. My first? Star Wars 1977 version, scope. 2nd pick? My 1977 scope feature of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"!

Comment

Well I do like my first sound purchase, Westworld. Got a fondness for it and a good edit. By comparison, The Sting (Universal 8) not too keen on. Smokey and the Bandit. Sally Field,, so awesome That's pretty much my sound collection.
            I do have Family Plot. I'm looking forwad to that one. All 400 footers.

Comment

Easy answer.

A Hard Day's Night.

Although I do enjoy my flat copies (DAMN!) of Grease and Poltergeist, too! However, I suppose my "best" one in terms of stunning visuals, cinemascope, stereo sound, film length etc has to be my full length copy of Ben Hur.

Comment

Difficult, but possibly the Gene Kelly full feature of The Three Musketeers.
                Last edited by Brian Fretwell; August 28, 2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Derann Predator and number 2 That's Entertainment.

Comment

Melvin is HDN the CHC/Reel Images print.

Comment

...Favorite feature : El Cid for it's stunning scope visual quality in all categories. Predator, Shane, Aliens and The Fall of the Roman Empire for the same. Personal film favorite : Vertigo from The Reel Image. I have the incredible Bluray but seeing the super 8 print of this masterpiece on the home cinema screen is like a time machine took me back to another time, another place!
                      Last edited by Burton Sundquist; August 28, 2021, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Ask a Policeman. Derann FL but probably going to have to go soon.

But my Jaws trailer scope is a close 2nd. Going to keep that.

Best Mark.

Comment

Graham - A Hard Day's Night was bought from Phil at CHC at Blackpool several years ago. I am not sure if this is the same print as The Reel Image.

Comment

Happiest Days of Your Life

Comment

"Back to the Future" 1985, when it first came out, it was so popular at the Cinema it was always booked out, then I finally saw it and New why it was so popular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Future

Comment

Working...
                              X