Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toei Super 8 Sound, Dukane

Hi,

I’m new to the forum and was wondering if someone can tell me a little about two projectors I bought a couple of years ago. One is a Toei Super 8 sound and the other is a DuKane 8. I tried doing some research but could not find anything about these projectors. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Well hello there.

The little Toei S8 was introduced around 1967 it was a simple projector made in Japan.
    Low power sound amplifier
    180m reel capacity
    150 watt lamp 21.5 volts (Lamp cost in the UK around £20)
    100 volt mains connection
    Usual 18-24 frames per second speeds

In England the mains sales outlet was high street store Dixons.

Comment

Hi Jimmy, a few additions to the Toei spec. This was unusual as it had not only a magnetic sound head for recording and playback but also provision for optical sound playback, a feature only useful if you lived in Japan, as as far as I know optical sound film were never available anywhere else. The machine also was suitable for 230 volts mains operation. The amplifier was 6watt output and was a hybrid using valve and transistor. I've had a few of these over the years and they perform very well.
      Good luck John

Comment

That sounds like the standard 8 Toie, I haven't heard of a Super 8 one as mentioned in the first post, but did see the standard 8 version at a couple of events.
        Did the original poster mean Standard 8?
        Last edited by Brian Fretwell; September 06, 2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Here is something interesting from the "old" Forum.
          8mm Forum: Toei Talkie 8M and standard 8 optical (film-tech.com)

Comment

Working...
          X