Problem with take up reel on Dualux 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with take up reel on Dualux 1000

Quick maintenance question for you all - my Sankyo Dualux 1000's take up reel isn't taking up the reel tightly enough, causing film to spill out everywhere with about 50 or so ft left on the supply reel. How can I remedy this issue?

Thanks all!

Hi Nate.... I only have a Sankyo 1000 parts projector now...but these photos should point you a few areas to check out.

1) The main rubber drive belt. This belt pretty much drives all the forward and reverse gears. If the belt is too stretched and too loose it may not be strong enough to run as the reel gets heavier on the take up spindle.

2) Look at the tension on the take-up gears...There is a copper band against the spindle assy that also has a vertical spring attached. These could be out of adjustment or the spring missing or loose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sanky1000 Takeup Tension.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	4269

3) Make sure the upper spring belt is in good condition and moving freely. This is also controlled by the main rubber belt.

Name:	Sankyo1000 upper spring belt.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	4270

4) On rewind you should pull out the black switch marked "R"

Name:	Sankyo1000 R switch .jpg
Views:	159
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	4271

5) Make sure the grub screws on the shutter shaft are tight.

Name:	Sankyo2000h_fan-grub-screws.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	4272

Comment

Thanks for the reply Janice! Throughout my Google diggings, I found some of your old threads on this series of projector, and I was able to put some of it into practice. Adjusting the copper brace to more tightly fit the axel of the take-up reel made for a big improvement! It still isn't perfect, but I'm much more comfortable with where it is now than where I had been with it. Which is good, cause I'm using it for a show at the library in two days!

Comment

Wow Nate...looks like you got it going just in the nick of time Good luck with your show and glad some of the archives helped.

Comment

Working...
        X