Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space Patrol 8mm Films (1960s puppet show, not the 1950s live action series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Patrol 8mm Films (1960s puppet show, not the 1950s live action series)

Hello,

I am researching the four Space Patrol 8mm releases, better known by their individual episode titles which were on the boxes: The Swamps of Jupiter, Mystery on the Moon, The Robot Revolution and The Miracle Tree of Saturn.

They were released by Mountain Films, and it has been said that both were available as Standard 8mm Sound and Super 8mm Sound.

I am trying to determine when these were first released, and for how long they were available. I had presumed the initial releases were mid-late 1960s (the series was made around 1962-64) but some have said the box design is more 1970s.

Any help would be great, please.

Thanks in advance.

Note: the picture on the box was used for all four releases. I presume 'Mystery on the Moon' may have been first, as the other three use the same art and title, with the actual episode name stuck over the printed 'Mystery on the Moon' name on the side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RARE-SPACE-PATROL-MYSTERY-ON-THE.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	42092
    Attached Files

Shaqui,

I don't have many Mountain Films catalogs and unfortunately they had a habit of not putting the year on the catalog! I believe this catalog is from the late 70's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mountain - Mystery Moon.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	42254

If these titles were released in Standard 8mm sound then they are pre-1967, since that's when most companies switched over to Super 8mm.

Comment

My catalogs have no mention of any SPACE PATROLS either..guessing 1970 maybe they were released? Shorty

Comment

Working...
      X