Empire Strikes Back stereo audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire Strikes Back stereo audio?

I have asked this in the past, but sometimes it can be all about timing. Has anyone done a stereo soundtrack for the 2x400ft Ken Films digest. I finally acquired. Both parts 1 and 2 on l.p.p. film stock, and I would love to have this in stereo. Thanks ahead of time. Osi
    ​​​​​​

Osi-Have you spliced them together in order as they cut the Yoda intro in the middle of the Mellinium Falcon scenes or left them as Is? Is 29.97 good enough as this is my only option.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, but it's spliced right at the fade out when the Millennium falcon goes down the "hole", and the fade in on Vaders ship, that begins the footage right after the credits at the beginning of the part 2.

Comment

I'm finally finished. Here is the file with stereo sound. For some reason my uploads to my server quit working. So I uploaded it to a free server, but will only last 1 week. Let me know how it works for you. It runs at 29.97 fps.

https://www.filemail.com/d/xqiuubzstlpruts

Comment

Larry, first off, many thanks! Secondly, I can't download it until Monday, but I will get right back to you as soon as it is done.

Comment

Very well done Larry. In olden days recorded.mine from the old linear stereo vhs tape which takes you back a bit. Ex Ferguson Videostar for UK buffs.

Comment

I am not an expert but I think that even if it is recorded at 29.97fps - depending upon which software that Osi brings it into - he should be able to adjust the properties to 23.98fps or 24fps.

When you drop the audio file into that - it should adjust to the frame rate designated into the properties. It willl always run at the correct time length regardless of the frame rate. At least this happens in the software I use for project editing.

Osi -- please let us know how this works with your workflow. I am always curious how people are doing this re-recording to a mag striped film. I have an ELMO ST 180 and would love to figure out how to sync my PC up with it. I know this works with the GS1200 but not sure on the one I have.

Comment

Phillip, I don't have the software as of right now, but as soon as I can secure it, I will give it a go!

Comment

Larry, I was able to download it! The sound is slightly "tinny", but i am thinking that i might just, as long as it takes, (as I don't want this to be a "rush job" on my part, which i have been guilty of in the past), do an edit myself of the sound track. Thank you, just the same. OSI

Comment

Working...
                  X