No announcement yet.

Walt Disney Home Movies (Rarities)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a link to a youtube video of that "promo" film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVc_sb2gILE

A little fade, but nice to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
      I have two such films in original Disney boxes marked "Silent" but were sold by Derann as sound. I assume that Derek & Co actually did the striping and the recording.
      I have 400' WDHM contains two shorts: Goofy - and Wilbur, Goofy - Two Gun Goofy (as picture below). They were known to be on silent, but mine is with sound which the seller told me it was striped by Derann.

Click image for larger version

Name:	goofy.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	43007

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
      So, were all the films shown above by Winbert on Super 8 sound & colour? I have many of them on 16mm sound and colour.
      Yes it is confirmed they are color and sound.

Cheers,
      Winbert

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Moors View Post
        Thanks all of you for the input. Winbert you are spot on with your observations. I have to say I had never heard of ‘Brer Rabbit’s Laughing Place’, ‘The Flying Burro’ or ‘Pedro the Mail Plane’ being released by Disney. I have been collecting since 1977 and have never seen a copy of any of these. I have most of the others you uploaded, and have been going through them recently.

It is sad to see some of them turning red, and yet others are good. I note from your previous posts that your huge collection is plagued by these problems, exacerbated no doubt by the climate where you live. Do you use colour filters to correct this and which would you recommend?
        Yes the first three I must say super rare. I have never seen them by myself in any auction/market places. But since Gian is a well known and trust worthy collector and he said to have them, I must say they exist.

Most of Eastman, Kodak SP, and AGFA stocks are now red. I do not use any color filter as it will reduce the sharpness and am felling weird too with the color presented.

Comment

That was a neat little bit of info on Derann striping silent WDHM titles, but it shouldn't be to surprising, as I have a color silent print, with subtitles and sound, of "Crazy Over Daisy". This must have been fairly difficult, as many of these shorts were edited by WDHM productions themselves.

Comment

Working...
          X