"The Quiet Man" question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Quiet Man" question

Were there any prints made of the full feature, "The Quiet Man" on low fade film stock? I've seen some OK but not perfect color prints, but no lpp prints yet. In fact, most prints show a wonderful red hue to the emerald isle.

The Quiet Man was released full feature on low fade stock mid 1990s.

Comment

Wonder what the paste stripe was like? Many of that era suffered regretfully but I would love to see a nice print.

Comment

Who released these low fade prints? I would LOVE to know! Derann? Others? I would love to see screenshots! I have only seen a truly beautiful trailer on low fade stock, and if this is indicative of the feature, (maybe put out at the same time?), then the feature would be stellar.

Comment

As far as I know the only F/L prints were released in America, the Powell Films release was cut to 90 minutes (although really well edited!), I've had the F/L print a couple of times, sadly not on low fade stock though!

Comment

Osi

I’ll refer you back to the 2016 thread on this topic. My understanding was that requests were made to Derann at either London or Blackpool conventions to release this title full feature. Response was get us a negative we will print it. A 3rd party acquired a negative which was facilitated into a super 8 print. Limited run was made and they were virtually sold out on demand. Price was £300 which was identical to Jurassic and other white box titles. I was aware of 4 prints in this neck of the woods at the time and I acquired one when a collector sold up his collection. Print whilst not perfect was miles better than the other edited versions out there. The origin of how negative was obtained was never fully explained. I know two collectors drove from Belfast to Dublin to pick up their prints. Why was always a mystery. A well known extrovert personality in the collector world was hinted at the time as being involved in the release but I have no way of confirming this. I know he was in the company of those collectors at the time at those conventions and his name was referred to as being able to obtain material for release. Your chances of obtaining one of those prints is virtually zero. When I sold it it was like Jason I could have sold it many times over for silly money.

Your best bet is a 16mm copy or the master of cinema Blu ray.

Mike

Comment

I have that Blu-ray, and it is lovely. Thanks for that great explanation.

Comment

Working...
              X