Super 8 sound collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 8 sound collection

This is my 400' Super 8 sound collection (700+ titles) plus, as an added attraction, my film buff kitty, Kairo. (I house my 600' collection elsewhere). Click image for larger version

Name:	400 foot film collection.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	43146

Carter,

Very impressive! I think we'll have to start a Film Felines thread....your Kairo and Janice's Buster can start it off!

Comment

Dig the cat! This is certainly bigger than my collection, and it looks better organized than mine!

Comment

Great idea, Doug! Thank you, Osi. This was one of my Covid at home projects while everything was shut down. Finally having some time to do some projects may be the virus' silver lining.

Comment

Wonderful! This is what I imagine my collection would resemble if I were given a panel truck and had the run of the Blackhawk Films building for one day!

Comment

can you close-up on the titles, etc.? Cheers, Shorty

Comment

I was kind of thinking the same thing!

Comment

Is that a cupboard or a room!

Very impressive. Plus a 600 collection elsewhere!

I sometimes think, as just starting out. Is 8mm the best option or would I be better off with 16mm. My collection will never be in the 100's regardless of format. I had those thoughts with 35mm and 120. Same with crop sensor vs full frame. It really doesn't matter as long as you enjoy the hobby and support the variety available and the choices of others. Plus 8mm has got to save a bit of space. My dog Dot is a little bigger than Kairo.

Comment

We can’t read the titles. We are nosey you know.

Comment

Great points, Stuart. It is a fun hobby. Plus you have added security in Dot, the watchdog! Mike, I have all of the 400' digests of Ken, Ken/MGM, Universal 8, Walt Disney Super 8 home movies, Columbia, and most of the English language versions of Marketing Films. Also 3X400 edits of all Ken/MGM, some Warner Bros ("The Exorcist," "Superman - the Movie," etc.) and some full length features (such as Universal 8's "Jet Pilot" and "Scarface.") I have had a fun time reediting the Castle Films 200' and Universal 8 400' digests where additional scenes are available in the 200' version. And editing Piccolo German language Disney 300' digests into the two available English extracts of Disney titles makes for fun viewing. Snow White is so impressive since she speaks and sings fluent English and German. Lol. I have committed an unforgiveable sin and trimmed the original box art to fit inside the Baia plastic storage cases I use.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snow White.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	43212 Click image for larger version

Name:	Anchor's Aweigh.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	43213

Comment

You're forgiven because they look so attractive anyway - Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Thanks, Shorty! Forgiveness from you is the ultimate!! Here are a few title examples:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Movies I.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	43217 Click image for larger version

Name:	Movies II.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	43218 Click image for larger version

Name:	Movies III.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	43219

Comment

Nice collection Carter! Doug probably thought he was looking in his own closet-o-film! I like an organized collection!

Comment

Working...
                              X