Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splicing an original 3 reel that's a 2 reel back to 3 - more to it than that!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splicing an original 3 reel that's a 2 reel back to 3 - more to it than that!

Yep, a little more to it than that. The two reels are a 180/600 and a 120/400. The 400 is probably holding 320. 1/2" of spare space. The 600 is almost to the brim. If you're not careful and you should be but, if you're not, it unravels a little.
    My initial first thought was, balance the two reels. That then lead to the "hold it a min" thought! I'd be adding unnecessary cuts. That's just a no no.

So, do you recommend leaving as is and just be careful, or splice back to 3 as I think the alternative of balancing the reels so the 400 hold a little more and the 600 has a little more space isn't a good idea. Or is it!

This is sound Super8 too. So guessing there's a risk of tearing the audio tracks off!

It's my Black Sunday Marketing Films reels. Just prepping them for a first clean and watch. First chance in a while.

Thoughts and advice most welcome. I'll hold off for a bit

My trusty Bauer is ready for action

Think I eventually had it on two 600 reels. A waste I know. It was too big to put on single 800 I tried. I think from memory the cut was were Faisal gets shot in the ocean at Miami. If you keep it the way it is it will eventually overspill at some point.

Comment

Just ran part 1 (400 reel). It.s very red but sound is good. Will have a good look at it and probably ballance the two reels it came on. If that doesn't look right then I may even back it down to 3. You're right though, can't leave it as it is. Film is easerly damaged.

Comment

Working...
      X