No announcement yet.

What kind of collector are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home movies mostly. I'm a history buff so viewing American film created by the average bloke between 1950-1970 is fascinating to me. You never know what you are going to see 😊 But you have to have a lot of patience since the creators often had shaking hands and an affinity for zoom 😊

Comment

I collect standard and super 8 mm only.I don't collect: home movies, newsreels, documentaries,manga and post-early sixties tv cartoons, Godzilla movies, headliners when longer versions exist, 400-600 ft condensations when full length versions exist, silent versions of sound movies when sound versions exist.(All these with exceptions,of course!) I always buy selectively. I don't care about boxes as long as the film is in good condition.

Comment

As a 'monster kid' from the 1960s all of my early collecting involved HORROR and SCIFI digests - many of these released by Castle Films. And of course I would collect comedies - Laurel and Hardy, Stooges, and of course Abbott and Costello particularly if they involved any 'scary' elements. So, naturally I WORE OUT my 200' edition of A&C Meet Frankenstein. I also had the Stooges SPOOKS and it got a lot of shows as well.

50 years later getting back into the hobby - my interests are mostly titles I could not afford and mostly SOUND now since I have a sound projector - the holy grail that was totally unattainable to a 13 year old back in 1970. I now own a 400' U8 of A&C MEET FRANKENSTEIN. Love it!!

I am not a completest - close but no cigar. I prefer to own and keep good copies of my favorites. Hard to keep a color film that is mostly red now. Just can't enjoy it. I know some can. So I have been looking for the elusive decent color versions of some of my favorites. But I like the "hunt".

Purchased a film the other day - was told the color was OK at about a 7 or 8 out of 10. Got it. Was a 5 at the best. Some color still there - but pretty reddish overall. So I will sell it - so I am particular on what I decide to keep.

The "hunt" goes on ...

Comment

I agree with Phillip. I do enjoy improving my collection! Loved finding an lpp parts 1 and 2 of "Empire Strikes Back" ( the digest, that is), it is an instance where l already own the feature, but have great nolstalgia for the Digest!

Comment

Think I look for 'repeatability'.You know,like 'Airplane!"/Way Out West/Singin' in the Rain", etc.

Comment

Working...
            X