Question regarding GAF 1666Z projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding GAF 1666Z projector

I found this forum and joined to see if anyone could offer any advice regarding a problem with a GAF 1666Z projector that I just had repaired and am attempting to view films with. I am trying to view old super 8 films from back in the 70's and the projector runs fine but when I view a film the only way I can get the picture into correct focus is to set up the projector less than two feet from the screen I am projecting on to. This generates a very small picture to view of only 3" by 4". When I move the projector any further back to generate a larger picture on the screen I am unable to bring the picture into focus. I don't see any adjustments on the projector to correct this problem and hoped someone might be able to give me some input on this. Thanks.

Hi Dave and Welcome! My guess is that the lens needs to be repositioned in the lens holder. Pull off the main switch knob. Remove the screw holding the lens cover. You can then move the lens to manually position and focus the lens. See if that helps.

If this doesn't work...check the lens to make sure lens is good and clean. It should be clear not cloudy. I've never had a bad GAF lens and I would assume if you had someone work on it they would have checked the lens. In doing so they may not have seated the lens all the way into the holder. However...they should have tested it before returning it to you.
    Last edited by Janice Glesser; September 28, 2021, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Thank you, exactly the kind of input I was looking for!

Comment

Working...
      X