Lamp problem again with Eumig 810d.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamp problem again with Eumig 810d.

I am having a problem again with my Eumig 810d projector. I was using it to transfer film to DVD,transferred 400ft. loaded with second reel, lamp had appeared to have failed. Changed the lamp but still no light. Could be new lampholder required or other problem. Everthing else is working o.k. Any suggestions welcome. Have discussed this problem previously but probably on the old forum. Has anyone got a wiring diagram. Perhaps Lee Mannering could help but have not got his contact details. Ken Finch

Only three possibilities really. Bad lamp socket, bad switch or bad winding on the secondary of the tranformer.

Remove the projector lamp and use a voltmeter set to measure AC voltage and check for 12 volts at the lamp socket while the main switch is in forward with lamp setting. No voltage could mean corroded or internally broken contacts in the lamp socket, bad switch or bad transformer.

You could also take an emery board to the pins on your lamp to make sure they are nice and clean and push the lamp into and out of the socket several times to try and break up any internal corrosion and oxidation.

But personally I would just change out the lamp socket as they often are troublesome from the age and the high heat of the projection lamp.

The good news is that I have never found a Eumig projector to have a bad transformer, so it's probably either the switch or the socket.
    ​​​

​​​​​

Comment

Ken, you can, if needed, send a private message to Lee through the forum.

Comment

Lee Mannering I am sending you a P.M. re my Eumig 810d problem.

Comment

Nice chat Ken we will fix it

Comment

Thanks Lee, have received package etc.today and will let you know how I get on.Ken Finch.

Comment

Problem fixed,thanks Lee. It was the socket. It would appear that this is a general weakness in design. I have noticed that those in some other projectors using the same lamp are more robust. As I mainly use the 810D for cine film transfer, maybe I should use a 50watt lamp instead. I usually screen Super 8 sound on the Bolex (Eumig clone) or the Bauer T610. Ken Finch.

Comment

Great news, Ken. Another projector back to live...

Comment

Anytime Ken pleased to be of help. The latest type of lamp connectors seem to last a very long time with all of my own S8 projector collection now having them in. Eumig, Sankyo, Norisound etc all benefiting from a trouble free life thankfully.
                  Happy projecting and next time I'm down home I'll hopefully be able to take you for a Coffee or Tea.

Comment

Lee, you will be most welcome to visit. I will be able to show you the "Retro Roxy" and the delights of Herne Bay etc!! I have had visits from other members of Group 9.5 and others collecting gear I have been selling off. Ken Finch.

Comment

Working...
                    X