Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What B/W film can i use in a Kodak brownie camera, and where can I find it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What B/W film can i use in a Kodak brownie camera, and where can I find it?

Hello everyone! I just purchased my first 8mm camera. It is an 8mm Movie camera II with 13MM. f/2.3 lens. I'm new to 8mm recording and finding film for these cameras, and for the simplicity of at-home developing, I would like to use black and white film. Also, if it helps, there is a card on the side of the film door that says KODACHROME FILM TYPE A With Kodak Daylight Filter. Thanks for the help!

The Film Photography Project sells a large array of different film stocks. Film for regular 8 and Super 8 are available. You can choose from several different black & white films for regular 8. I'm including a link to their cheapest B&W reversal stock. I assume you're looking for reversal film that can be viewed on a projector? I shoot color reversal in the Super 8 format and it's quite fun to see your movies on a projector. Anyways here's a link to FPP's film. Also of note there's a quick video provided by FPP at the bottom of this linked page. It looks like they are actually using a Kodak Brownie camera with this film. So if there's any questions you may have about exposure with your camera, the video may help.

​​​​​​https://filmphotographystore.com/col...-film-double-8

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post
      The Film Photography Project sells a large array of different film stocks. Film for regular 8 and Super 8 are available. You can choose from several different black & white films for regular 8. I'm including a link to their cheapest B&W reversal stock. I assume you're looking for reversal film that can be viewed on a projector? I shoot color reversal in the Super 8 format and it's quite fun to see your movies on a projector. Anyways here's a link to FPP's film. Also of note there's a quick video provided by FPP at the bottom of this linked page. It looks like they are actually using a Kodak Brownie camera with this film. So if there's any questions you may have about exposure with your camera, the video may help.

​​​​​​https://filmphotographystore.com/col...-film-double-8
      Thank you for your reply, It is very helpful and it's appreciated!

Comment

Working...
      X