An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge question

I have an opportunity to buy a super 8 copy of the Twilight Zone episode, "Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge", and I have a few questions. 1. Was this released with the original commercials intact? 2. Does this episode have the full Twilight Zone title sequence at the beginning and ending of this show? I thank you for your time.

No, it’s just the film itself.

Comment

Owl Creek was brought in as a pilot for the series all the copies I’ve seen are taken from the original release not the TV version

Comment

I have 2 copies of this. One did have everything attached but the other one did not.

Comment

That's very interesting, Chip. I asked, as, I saw screenshots from a print, recently being sold in the UK, but a print I was going to buy in Australia, didn't have commercials, not references to Twilight Zone.

Comment

All I can think is that one collector versus others remove those ads so they don't have to watch them

Comment

The film was an independent french short bought to fill a hole in the series schedule. So,perhaps the version with the commercials comes from the TZ airings while the version without is the original one!

Comment

I have the 2 x 400' Red Fox release which has the Twilight Zone intro and end, and also has commercials. However, the original film needed a little editing to be used as a TZ episode, and I have come across the original version offered on 16mm. I haven't heard of this version being on Super 8, but as Panayotis indicates, the one on offer could be this one and so complete. Also, the Red Fox print is acceptable but below average, so perhaps prints of the complete version are better.

Comment

According to Marc Scott Zicree's Twilight Zone Companion, TZ was considerably over budget in its fifth season so they bought the television rights to Occurrence for $10,000. That brought them in under budget for the year. As Adrian said, the film was shortened by a few minutes for the TV airing. It won the Academy Award for best live action short film in 1963.

Comment

Working...
                  X