Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filmosonic Belt Replacement

Hi there everyone,

Today I got my hands on a "barely used" Bell & Howell Filmosonic 600Z and it is clean. the only thing wrong is that the belt has obviously stretched out over time so nothing but the motor spins.

Taking the belt out of this thing looks like it'd be a pain in the rear, so I was wondering if anyone has tried/had luck with clipping the belt out, shrinking it, and then gluing it back together with rubber adhesives like super glue or tire repair kits.

As previously mentioned I'd love to have this thing running by Halloween to project some old scary movies onto our garage for the neighborhood kids, and would love to hear what experience you guys have with "splicing" drive belts

Thanks!

Glue and rubber. Wish I had better info for you but I've had a go with rubber and glue belts for Eumig P8. Super Glue is too vague a term I think. It's like those that know know exactly what we want and just don't tell us.
    Look on Youtube for Permabond. I've tentativly used Loctite on I think Nitrile rubber cord (round profile 3.5mm) and it's too hard and just snaps. As far as my quick test went. I tried Permabond 735 and it appears to work. No idea where the belt is now to confirm. There are several glue formula from Permabond and the video shows a different one to that I suggest, 740 I think. But check the data sheet downloadable that show the uses for several glue formula from Permabond.
    It's expensive, so an expensive trial and error if wrong. But one bottle of the right stuff and a couple of meters of Nitrile cord should pay for it's self. Or get nitrile o rings and try them. All we're after is profile of cord and diameter or length. Too short will put a strain on motor.
    I'll have a look for the belt and give it a test pull a part.

Edit. Yep, pulled it apart. Go with O rings!
    Last edited by Stuart Budd; October 13, 2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X