I am NOT a hipster ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am NOT a hipster ;)

I recently looked out my (oh, just joined this forum) film I took 40 ish years ago, about 600' of Super 8 sound on a Sankyo XL320.

Three days ago I bought a boxed mint Bell and Howell Filmosonic DCR for £50, yes lucky.

100% perfect working not a mark on it.

I have not even seen the films I shot, you know what it is like you shot them, came home, forgot them, they were all in damp, cold wet locations, garage, in fact inside my old lawnmower grass box.

Just waiting for the splicer and leader tape to arrive but have played them for 10 minutes, perfect

I had one of that very same projector years ago. Keep the film gate VERY clean, as this projector loves to scratch films!

Comment

Do you think that 40 yo belts inside the projector still survive the cold and hot inside your garage?

Comment

Originally posted by Winbert Hutahaean View Post
        Do you think that 40 yo belts inside the projector still survive the cold and hot inside your garage?
        I think he meant his films were in the garage not a projector.

Comment

Originally posted by Winbert Hutahaean View Post
          I said I just got the projector it is the film in the garage, clearly

Three days ago I bought a boxed mint Bell and Howell Filmosonic

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post

I think he meant his films were in the garage not a projector.

I did say "Three days ago I bought a boxed mint Bell and Howell Filmosonic "

THanks

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
              I had one of that very same projector years ago. Keep the film gate VERY clean, as this projector loves to scratch films!
              Does not mean they all do, film cameras don't scratch film, grit and dust does which is why you need to clean them each time you use film

Comment

I was referring to the projector. I had that very one when I first returned to the hobby and quickly "upgraded" to a better, scratch free projector. OK, technically, there is no such thing as a completely scratch free projector, bit some are much kinder to films than others.

Comment

Working...
                X