Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sankyo 800 can only play at 24 fps, any idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sankyo 800 can only play at 24 fps, any idea?

This is my second Sankyo 800 with similar situation, where it can only play at 24 fps. The 18 fps is not totally dead but I have to turn the knob slowly and to find the best position where seemingly the inside part will touch the 18 fps point inside.

When I can play at 18 fps it does not mean it will keep at that speed because it can sometime totally stop (resulting burning one frame) and I have to turn back and forward the knob between 18 and 24 until I found the best position.

Anyone with this same situation and any idea how to deal with this issue?

thanks

I would assume the switch contacts are dirty or damaged for the 18fps position. Sankyo switches for this make a click when changing speeds if it doesn't click when going to the 18fps there could be a mechanical problem rather than electrical. The obvious way to deal with it is fit another switch and see if it works OK. I have not looked what sort of switch it is - single or multi connection but if single just any changeover switch could be tried to check.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fretwell View Post
      I would assume the switch contacts are dirty or damaged for the 18fps position. Sankyo switches for this make a click when changing speeds if it doesn't click when going to the 18fps there could be a mechanical problem rather than electrical. The obvious way to deal with it is fit another switch and see if it works OK. I have not looked what sort of switch it is - single or multi connection but if single just any changeover switch could be tried to check.
      That might be the case.. but since I also experienced it suddenly stop during play, do you think it is still a mechanical problem? As I did not touch anything.

Comment

Winbert
        Can you get inside to examine this semi-rotary switch?
        As Brian says, it should "click" when rotated back and forth between 18 and 24.
        In view of its construction, i.e., not a direct slider between contacts, perhaps it also contains a spring which may have broken or become dislodged.

Comment

Working...
        X