Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NIGHT OF THE DEMON Magnetic Striped and on S8 at last in sound on a Eumig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIGHT OF THE DEMON Magnetic Striped and on S8 at last in sound on a Eumig!

Just a bit of fun..
    So oft UK collectors have asked for NIGHT OF THE DEMON on S8 Sound. This is a half way point until someone else comes to our rescue dear fans.

I've magnetic home sound striped my silent film, edited and dubbed it with sound to give you and idea what it may look like. It is projected on my HID projectile so here is a peek what we may see in 2022. This is a UK main dealer plea to make a cut down happen as those who love the film have waited a very long time and yes you have plenty of fans over here....

I will order the first 400 or 600ft print..

Enjoy the sneak peek.

I only got round to seeing this movie this year. It was a dvd via eBay from the Blu Ray version. I wasn’t expecting much but it is a really great atmospheric movie and actually would make a great digest at either 400 or 600 length. The DVD by the way was also a cracking print when projected so a bargain buy.

Comment

Just great Lee! Congratulations on the HID conversion of the Eumig, the home magnetic striping, and the stellar re-record!
      It definately would make a great digest.

I do notice a greenish cast to some of the highlight white areas in the screen shot, Is this the HID lamp or the white balance on the camera?
      Last edited by Paul Adsett; October 17, 2021, 02:35 PM.

Comment

True

Would make our day to see our UK distributor jump to and make this magic happen. The labs now have some outstanding equipment and film that show 8 at its very best

Comment

Yes. This woulld be on my "would like to buy list". I too saw this as a kid but on telly. Not 100% sure but think it was part of a late night series of horror on probably BBC2. Something like 11pm. My cup of tea.

Comment

Great job, Lee!

Comment

Thank you all. Hi Paul yes digital camera white balance always tricky with daylight kicking about as well.

If any of you have any of the 1970's Film Making magazines you can read about my teenage attempts striping and recording sound tracks using a cassette recorder. Its been a long road but certainly fun over the decades loving every minute.

That Eumig 822 projector still records a good sound track although usually use the Stereo Elmo which I fitted a new sound head in for my customers who need dubbing. I'm very lucky to have film in my daily work and grateful for the support from customers.
              The love of reel film continues....

As a Super 8 film maker its amazing also that we can film a couple of cassettes, wiz it off for process and complete a short film in 1 week including home striping. Its a little like the clock has been turned back.

Then we have professional Stereo paste striping by the Great Alberto which has been a blessing to us all.
              Adding a stereo track to classic silent makes a wonderful watch.

Comment

Lee, this is an excellent video of what you have achieved bringing new life to an old silent film. It’s a pity that the distributor had to print in subtitles. Well done.

Comment

Lee,

Terrific job! I did the same to my print back in 2013 and as Phil said, it does bring new life to that title. I'm surprised Columbia didn't release this 200 footer in sound, especially since it seems as if it was edited with the soundtrack in mind.

Love that jump scare with the killer cat in Karswell's house!

Comment

Funny how our childhood memories stay so firm in the memory box and that little silent on the old Kodak did scare the hell out of me projecting it in a darkened hallway as a little lad.
                    Hopefully at year end we can look back at all the positive headway many have made keeping 8 going with these breathtaking new prints, Alberto pro striping and more. Quite amazing today we have so much on offer to the home show person who wants to entertain.

We are doing a outdoor show at Halloween and so looking forward to it with pictures to follow of the Elmo HID and those big reels in action. I'm sure many of you will be in spook land as well. I'm hoping to make a little video of it but enjoy your own show..

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Budd View Post
                      Yes. This woulld be on my "would like to buy list". I too saw this as a kid but on telly. Not 100% sure but think it was part of a late night series of horror on probably BBC2. Something like 11pm. My cup of tea.
                      You are right it was part of the BBC2 Horror double bills that used to be on each year. It was paired up with The Goul.
                      Last edited by Clive Carmock; December 04, 2021, 01:21 PM. Reason: Clive Carmock

Comment

Working...
                      X