Yet another ELMO GS1200 question ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another ELMO GS1200 question ...

I've run into another problem that i have noticed with the ELMO GS1200 (I don't know if this is an issue with other ELMO's).

It feeds just fine, but for some odd reason, more and more so, it won't seem to "exit" the "feed mode" and turn on the lamp and sound. Also, it will, at times, in the middle of the projection of a film, turn it's lamp off and the sound as well as it is running.

What causes this?

1. Autoload microswitches possibly corrupt and/or selunoid

2. Main function relay for basic commands (stop play reverse still) corrupt (the other relay for picture lamp)

Sending the projector out for a general tuneup and listing those two problems as critical the technician cleans the contacts frees it of corrosion or perhaps replaces particular parts related and presto your machine should be on its way back to Elmo factory specifications

All of my GS 1200 have needed technician tuneup of some sort or another so you are experiencing the same as I have and I can attest to how brilliant these machines are despite the age after they are returned to factory specifications

Comment

Are these things that, if you have the time, you can open up the back of the projector and fix? Such as lubricating and dusting/cleaning assorted things?

Comment

Yes Osi, you can do a lot of useful housekeeping by just removing the back cover ( 2 screws) and unplugging the speaker connection. Go in and clean the gears as best you can, clean the fan blades with a q-tip. Get as much dust and grime as you can off all the parts without doing any disassembly. When you have cleaned up, put a dab of lithium grease on the brass worm gear and on the nylon gears. One drop of oil on each of the cam shaft bushings.
        Replacing the autothread microswitches is relatively easy provided you have some mechanical finesse. Replacing the relays, which control a lot of things including the spool motors, is a big job needing removal of the large circuit board and precision desoldering/soldering in of new relays. I am not a good solderer and there is no way I would attempt circuit board soldering on a GS1200 although I will solder wires.
        The GS1200 is a superbly built highest quality machine. But it is also quite complex compared with most other S8 projectors. That is why servicing is so expensive. You can save a lot of money by doing it yourself, but you have to know your limitations around this machine and when to call in professional servicing.

Comment

When the Lamp is going off during Projection that could be bad Contact in the Lamp Socket.

Comment

Working...
          X