Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: when has Batman on Super 8 been released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: when has Batman on Super 8 been released?

Hello, I need some help for a Marvel/DC on Super 8 video.

Does anyone knows when Columbia released the Batman serial on Super 8?

and then there was a cuttend version of the serial… from who and when was this released?

and the last question: Ken film released cartoons of superheros. As far as I was able to research they were published 1977. is this right? Or was it 1978?

thank you all, Joachim

Click image for larger version  Name:	Batman 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	204.3 KB ID:	45462

Joachim,

In 1965, Columbia released a shortened, silent version (6x200') of the 1943 Batman serial in Standard 8mm and a year later in Super 8mm.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Batman Columbia 1966.jpg Views:	0 Size:	125.4 KB ID:	45461

Columbia put out the 15 chapter 1949 serial (15x400', sound) in 1975-1976, when they made their big move to 400' sound releases. I'm sorry I can't narrow it down to the exact year.

The first mention I can find of Ken's Marvel Superheroes is in their red flyer. The only date mentioned on this flyer is that new 20th Century Fox releases will be "Ready About May, 1978".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ken Marvel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	155.7 KB ID:	45460

Comment

Dear Douglas, thank you sooooo much for this very very good and helpful information! Highly appreciated! Thank you, Joachim

Comment

Working...
      X