Super 8 and young people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super 8 and young people

On youtube it simply amazes me how many young people shoot super 8 for the first time and post videos...and then reading all the comments about the super 8 / film look . Simply search Super 8 on youtube.

I have found as a company, we are selling an increasing amount of Super 8 Cameras. The customer base seems to be twofold. Media and film study students, and an increasing amount of Presentation artists (who film on super 8 and then incorporate this finished film within thier presentation / art). With the students we seem to get contacted by the parents of the students looking to purchase a camera for a present. The customers seem to based all around the UK. Perhaps Super 8 has actually become part of an educational course corriculum?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cartman.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	46053 Nick

Comment

I'm delighted to hear this, especially in an era when the cost is higher and getting films developed involves some research. I'd be interested to know if Nick or others feel that it would be a significant boost to film (and perhaps camera) sales if Kodak ever proceeded with their plan to reintroduce pre-paid processing?
      This was mentioned when they announced their new but yet to appear camera a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Winchester View Post
        I'm delighted to hear this, especially in an era when the cost is higher and getting films developed involves some research. I'd be interested to know if Nick or others feel that it would be a significant boost to film (and perhaps camera) sales if Kodak ever proceeded with their plan to reintroduce pre-paid processing?
        This was mentioned when they announced their new but yet to appear camera a few years ago.
        If this was to happen it would have 2 effects here....

1 - It would become a very good selling point for us as a company for all types of cine equipment. It would however increase the cost to us of old cine cameras.

2 - I would probably get myself a camera and try myself.

(Trained many years ago as a photographer I still come across the odd roll of film that I never got around to processing)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cool.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	46065 Nick

Comment

Working...
        X