• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 936 rear sprocket problem

Click image for larger version

Name:	46BB5B42-5762-458B-813F-3FC5783BF68A.jpeg
Views:	355
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	46194 I have just picked up a eumig 936 and when threading a film it gets just past the rear sprocket and then will not go any further.I had a look and the rear sprocket does not seem to be fixed and revolves freely.So i thought maybe the two small screws that hold the sprocket onto the shaft need tightening but no,they were tight.The problem seems to be on the otherside where there is a large black gear which is on the shaft and is rotating freely needs to be tightend, the trouble is there is no access as it is behind the flywheel and on these 900 series machines it does not look easy to remove the flywheel as it is mounted behind an aluminium frame.How is the flywheel removed on these ?.

I didn't know that there was a 936. Are you sure that you aren't talking about a 926 or a 938? I'm just asking as, without an accurate model number, folks can't give accurate advice.

Comment

Osi - there is a model 936.

Jason - from memory, you need to remove the transformer to get at the flywheel. It's straightforward if you are methodical and carefully note what goes where.

Edwin has produced this video which shows a tear down to replace a different part but this will help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HGUY2mnSRA

Good luck!
      Last edited by John Armer; November 05, 2021, 06:59 AM. Reason: Posted incorrect link but corrected now.

Comment

Thanks john, yes that should help.Im hoping the cog just needs tightening and not replacing from maybe being cracked.

Comment

Name:	3F5D6083-7F3C-4CF5-9E9E-9A04D5572BF9.jpeg
Views:	277
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	46212 Click image for larger version

Name:	0105146D-CBE9-4616-8CFF-2C8B528C6272.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	46211 I managed to remove the flywheel and remove the gear.The shaft fixed to the gear is connected to the rear sprocket at the other end.But the black gear just turns freely on the shaft and is not fixed and is why the rear sprocket is slipping.There does
          not seem to be any way to tighten it.I was then going to remove the shaft and fix it in place with glue but it does not seem to want to come out.So im not shure what to do other than replace the part.Does anyone have any ideas ?. Heres some pictures of the part.

Comment

I stand corrected. Could someone put up a photo of the assembled 936?

Comment

Name:	FF45BCF9-2930-4C40-8FB7-A866A81E4608.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	46269 Here’s one osi, 2 track 1.3 lens and 800ft capacity.. Does anyone have this part to sell, i would love to get this running as other than this fault its very clean and looks hardly used.

Comment

Hmm, was this a last minute, later edition/model from the fine folks at Eumig, sort of a "no frills" edition? I ask as, it appears to be between the S926 and the S938, but it has no mention of being a stereo model, not does it have that lovely "console" at the bottom with the sliders. Paul Adsett, do you have any info on this one?

Comment

You've got it right Osi, the 926 is somewhere between a 926 and a 938. All the 930 and above Eumig's did away with the troublesome coaxial reel single sprocket design of the 900 thru 929 series projectors, and reverted to the conventional two sprocket in-line film path. The 936 is essentially a 2-track non stereo version of the 938 , minus the recording/playback console of the 926 and 938. It also has the 800ft reel capacity of the 938, but only has 100watt lighting, as opposed to the 150 W lighting of the 938.
                  A very smart looking projector!

https://van-eck.net/en/spare-part-fi...atic%20Duoplay

Comment

I have an even more basic S932 which is single track and no record level meter. So it wasn't the "Lowest frills" model.

Comment

In photos, the style and use of orange/red reminds me of Agfa projectors such as the LS and LS2.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Adsett View Post
                        The 936 is essentially a 2-track non stereo version of the 938
                        It is a stereo projector if you hook up the 5 pin DIN - discrete left and right audio out via that socket. Nice machines and quiet.

Sorry, I can’t help with your machine though Jason without stripping down one of mine to find our how that gear works.

Comment

The same gear was used in all the 900 series projectors, it is directly behind the flywheel and is on the other end of the rear sprocket so i’ll try to find a cheap non working 905 which are not very popular due to the double rear reel design and no top sprocket. Meanwhile i’m going to have a go at repairing the original gear.

Comment

Does van Eck sell this gear? in certain parts of the world i believe that gear falls apart when it ages because that particular plastic can't stand certain climates. so they made new ones. (sorry no i looked it up and they have a replacement for the worm gear)

Comment

I too have a Eumig S936 as mentioned it is a twin track machine. However it only has a mono main amplifier. But if the 5 pin DIN line out is used with an external stereo amplifier it functions as a stereo projector in that mode. In effect it was the top end of the 'non plinth' S93x range. A great machine to this day, mine still runs very smoothly.

It did start to run a little on the slow side. However this was found to be the original grease used to lubricate it was starting to harden, given it's age. Cleaning and re-greasing restored smooth running again.

Comment

Working...
                              X