Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power cord for Hanimex 808D dual projector

hi everyone,
    My sister gave me her old Hanimex 808D dual projector. Unfortunately the power cord is missing.
    Does anyone know the best place to get a replacement power cord?

Thanking you
    Edward (Australia)

Click image for larger version

Name:	hani02.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	46903 Click image for larger version

Name:	hani01.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	46904

The Van-eck website lists your projector as having a standard computer type plug. But from looking at your machine I can tell you that you have a different style power connector than what is shown.

But what concerns me most is the VERY expensive spaceman bulb that it requires and are no longer made. Those CRX 8v 50 watt lamps are not very bright either!

I would search for another projector that uses 12v 100w lamps such as FCR or EFP, which are readily available and cheap too, especially the FCR lamp.

Comment

Hello EDWARD,

Whilst Haninex was originaly an Australian slide projector manufacturer, their cine projectors were sourced out. The power cord looks like a japanese one used by Raynox, Bell konon, amongst others. The problem being that you could get same manufacturers changing power cords for different production runs.

I would heed what Joseph has posted as these projectors were at the lower end of the quality market.

However these machines are easy to hard wire direct to the mains, which might be an option to test run the machine. One word of caution, if you do decide to permantaly hard wire the projector, make sure that the mains cord has a restraint on the inside of the back cover so that no stress can be applied to the connections by pulling on the cable.

CHEERS TOM

P.S Many similar projectors were marketed under different names in different countries.

Comment

I see it was mad ein Hong Kong, they may have sourced their parts from anywhere that was cheap in those days.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your great feedback.

I will spend my time looking around for another super8/8mm projector and might give this to the Op shop.
          I was able remove the bulb from the Haminex and put into another cheap projector I have, a Duo-100.
          The bulb gave a feeble light.

Thanks for all the help

Edward

Name:	duo01.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	46971

Name:	duo02.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	173.2 KB