Grease digest versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease digest versions?

I'm just curious, how many different versions of GREASE in digest form, were there? I ask as, I would have sworn that this film was in letterbox format, bit I also have seen fully flat digests, and yet, there is also a scope version of the feature as well?

There is the Derann extract "Summer Nights" (Just a little introductory sequence: the beach scene and main titles and then the song.)

It is 'Scope.

Comment

I have Marketing Film #2402. This is only 170ft on a 200ft spool although in the standard 400ft box. This is flat. but has black bars top and bottom.
      This was also available as follows:-
      400ft three part edition, 402-1, 402-2, 402-3
      400ft selected scenes, 402-4
      Full feature (110mins) 4002

Comment

Derann also released the trailer on the same reel as Blues Brothers 2000. I thought they did the full feature for a short while also scope, but I can't find proof at present.

Comment

Yes Brian. Full length feature in scope and a beauty as well.

Comment

As Chip says, the Derann Scope feature length print is stunning, and definitely the one to get. Then re-record it in stereo to see and hear what Super 8 is capable of.

Comment

Was there a 4x400ft Marketing or otherwise version of Grease, that is letterboxed? I seem to remember seeing one. For instance, the Grease mentioned in the sales section, is flat with no letterbox.

Comment

My copy of the 1x400 (402-4) is letterboxed, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

The copy I had was the Marketing 3x400' version that was letterboxed. The print was not only very grainy with soft focus but also the colors were shifting toward red, especially reel two which was totally pink!​​​​​

Comment

It begs the question, why release both a flat and flat letterboxed version? I guess they felt it was just that good. I have never personally seen the letterboxed version, but it looks like they must have corrected the issues with letterboxed version and it's poor focus.

Comment

Boy! There is a 400ft one reel letterboxed version on eBay,(I can't do a link on my cellphone, could someone put a link to that on this series of posts?), and it most certainly is majorly fuzzy in focus. The flat version is MUCH easier on the eyes.

Comment

I am not sure but since marketing-film released the german 3-parter in letterbox and we found the original german subtitles from the cinema release included, I think it’s possible that they had to release it in that format. A flat release would have cut off the subtitles on the sides.

Comment

Here you are, Osi :-
                          Vintage Super 8mm sound film - GREASE- 400ft. Approx.17 minutes. John Travolta | eBay

Comment

Working...
                          X