Hammer Super 8 trailer reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer Super 8 trailer reel

One of the titles I picked up at Blackpool at the weekend was a Hammer trailer reel consisting of daysets and trailers to The Hound of the Baskervilles, and The Revenge of Frankenstein. It was released by Derann and makes a nice double reel (priced at just ten pounds, a fair price I thought).

Coincidentally, I already had the Revenge of Frankenstein trailer that I picked up at Blackpool.... in 1994.

I was pleased to get the reel this time because my existing Revenge trailer had sound that was out of sync by a second or so. It makes it quite comedic being so far out, so was pleased to get another to replace the original.

Guess what? The sound on this one is also out by exactly the same amount.

Were they all released like this, or have I just - hugely coincidentally - got the second of a pair made like this?

John, I had those trailers can’t remember it being out of sync. Likely a batch of maybe 30 had same fault. Odds of you getting two is astronomical. You could try re recording one now you have two. Trailer bound to be on internet.

Comment

Nice that John. Sound sync can be rectified 🙉
      we have the double bill trailer Mummy Shroud with a Franky

Comment

Here are the boxes for the two. The yellow one is the one I bought in 1994; it's just the Revenge trailer - the Hound had obviously been removed previously. The blue box is the one I bought at the same event but in 2021 and its intact with both trailers. Print quality is gorgeous with that Hammer Bray Studios look on colour. Sound is excellent too - it just doesn't sync!

Notice that I paid £3.50 in 1994 for just the Revenge trailer; £10 for both in 2021 seems a very fair price to me.

Comment

Working...
        X